NBN Enterprise Ethernet
Unlike standard nbn™, NBN Enterprise Ethernet includes a Premium-12 Service Assurance next business day fault restoration commitment, with additional options for more critical connections.
*Free Installation and Setup based on premises fully qualified and classified as Category A. Otherwise, we will provide a quote on application.
Shown above is a small selection of our NBN Enterprise Ethernet Low CoS plans (based on Off-Net CBD Metro Zone). For other speeds and Classes of Service, please view the relevant Critical Information Summary. For other Zones, please request a quote.
NBN Enterprise Ethernet Is Here
NBN Enterprise Ethernet brings you stability and speed when you need it most. Don’t rely on consumer grade nbn™ for your mission critical business tasks, trust Telair NBN Enterprise Ethernet to get the job done.
What do you get?
- 99.95% service availability commitment
- True enterprise grade connectivity
- Flexible – choose your desired Class of Service and symmetrical speed
- Scalable – move to a higher speed and/or Class of Service as your business grows
- Resilient – Premium-12 Service Assurance restoration commitment included, with additional options for mission critical services
- Cost-effective – don’t pay more for less
- Handed off via Ethernet so you don’t need to worry about speed issues with copper-based technology types
How does NBN Enterprise Ethernet compare to normal residential nbn?
NBN Enterprise Ethernet blows residential nbn™ out of the water with its super-fast speeds, enterprise-grade stability, and it is built for business users. You also get much less bandwidth contention, or even none at all depending on the Class of Service chosen. Plus you’ll be spoiled for choice with 11 different speed options to choose from.
Who can get Ethernet over NBN?
If your location is not serviceable by NBN Enterprise Ethernet, why not enquire about one of our other business grade data service types? You might be pleasantly surprised.
Do you only offer unlimited data?
We believe the internet should be experienced without limits and expensive bill shock. But if you still want the stability of enterprise grade nbn™ but don’t need much data, ask for a tailored quote today.
- What's Included
- Classes of Service
- Order Withdrawal Fees
- Relocation & Service Change Fees
- Other Information
- An enterprise-grade NBN Enterprise Ethernet connection with Unlimited data
- 99.95 % uptime service availability commitment
- Premium-12 Service Assurance target
- The choice to add-on better Service Assurance target commitments for those who really need it
Low CoS (100% EIR):
Speeds include best effort contention and are not guaranteed. This is best for Web Browsing, File Transfer, E-Commerce and E-mail.
Medium CoS (1 CIR : 3 EIR ratio):
25% of the total bandwidth is guaranteed. The remaining bandwidth includes best effort contention and is not guaranteed. This is best for Interactive video, Financial/trading, and Database synchronisation.
High CoS (100% CIR):
Speeds are guaranteed to the network boundary point. This is best for VOIP/Hosted Voice and interactive video.
A general note about speeds:
Speeds can be affected by factors such as, but not limited to; network utilisation and congestion, your equipment, the remote party you’re accessing, and fibre transmission overheads. For High CoS, network utilisation and congestion is not a factor as this CoS provides guaranteed speeds to the NTD with a 1:1 Contention Ratio.
CIR = Committed Information Rate (i.e, how much of the bandwidth is guaranteed).
EIR = Exchange Information Rate (i.e, how much of the bandwidth is provided as best effort and is not guaranteed).
- If we haven’t yet accepted the order = $0
- If NBN Co accepted the order but did not undertake any build activities as a precursor to offering and supplying the withdrawn service = ETF x 40%
- If NBN Co accepted the order and undertook any build activities as a precursor to offering and supplying the withdrawn service = ETF x 85%
- If the physical build is complete and Telair receives service completion advice from the carrier = Full Early Termination Fee (ETF)
- Relocations of NBN EE Services are POA
- Service changes (excluding bandwidth and/or premium assurance option upgrades) attract a charge of $350
- Service changes requiring labour and materials are POA
Important things to note:
- Customers must recontract should they relocate their service
- Not all modems/routers will work with NBN EE – Telair will provide the required Network Terminating Device as part of the included basic install process, handed off via Ethernet into the customer’s rack
- This service is only available with a 36 month minimum contract term
- NBN Battery backup is not supplied with this service
- NBN EE pricing will vary accordingly with regards to chosen speed and CoS, in addition to the Zone and Service Class in which the serviceable location is classified
Included Network Terminating Device
When an NBN Enterprise Ethernet service is delivered, a Network Terminating Device (or NTD) is installed at the customer site, with the handoff point being the NBNCo NTD. The NTD will act as the Fibre Internet gateway and will be installed in a secure location, such as the rack in your communications room.
NBNCo will configure the NTD to work with your service and all you need to do is connect your existing network into the NTD via a router or Layer 2/Layer 3 network switch.
You will need to use a separate router to ensure the service is used with maximum efficiency. Contact us for pricing or buy through your preferred supplier.
If using a router, you will need to re-configure the router with the new service details.
Things you should know...
1. All prices quoted are exclusive of GST unless noted otherwise, and are based on a Low Class of Service to fully qualified premises located in CBD Zone. 2. If you choose to cancel your service or it is disconnected for any reason within the Contract Term, you will be charged an Early Termination Fee comprised of your minimum monthly commitment as per your agreement with us, multiplied by the months remaining in your contract. You must provide 30 days’ written notice to us to disconnect a service. 3. Setup Charges quoted cover a standard service installation and termination only. Additional charges may apply: i) Where there is insufficient cable capacity on the MDF or LDF termination points within the building. ii) Where the service delivery point is not within 1m of the MDF termination point, or requires vertical in-building (fibre) runs. iii) Where the premises lead-in is insufficient in capacity to deliver the fibre service or additional copper requirements. iv) Where the fibre build cost incurs any additional charges from our supplier (these will be advised prior to commencement). v) Where there are insufficient copper pairs terminated on the premises. vi) Where multiple site visits are required due to lack of information or identification of installation points. 4. Committed Information Rate (CIR) traffic will be carried through the Enterprise Ethernet Network within specified performance guarantees that define the performance attributes for the ordered Class of Service. Excess Information Rate (EIR) traffic will be carried through the Enterprise Ethernet Network on a best effort basis. Performance can vary dependant on numerous factors including the NTD, level of traffic within the customer’s local area at the time of use, user equipment and the source of data. Line Speed is the theoretical maximum speed and actual speed will be less due to a number of factors including network configuration, line quality and length, exchange type, customer premises interference, traffic, hardware, and software; and for fibre, the transmission protocol which uses a portion of the access bandwidth of the Ethernet Line connection to manage the transmission of data (IP overheads). 5. Single static IP address is included. Requests for additional IPs will be considered and where available, provided at additional cost. 6. NBN Enterprise Ethernet services have an uptime guarantee of 99.95% and rebate calculated as 1 day of service access fee credited for each hour of network downtime over and above the guaranteed level. Network downtime does not include faults in the underlying service from the exchange to the customer premises or any faults in the customer’s own network. 7. Rebate must be claimed using our Standard Rebate Application Form within 3 months. 8. Rebate will be applied as a credit against your bill. 9. Maximum rebate available is the minimum monthly charge for the service. 10. Acceptable Usage Policy applies. 11. Relocation charges will be quoted at the time of application. 12. Relocations are subject to individual site qualification and subject to approval. Service modifications attract a charge, priced on application. 13. Default Interface Details: services less than 100Mbps will default to 100 Base TX and Services equal or greater than 100Mbps will default to 1000 Base LX. 14. Withdrawal Charges: services withdrawn before order completion but after order acceptance will incur a service withdrawal charge to be quoted at time of your request. 15. NBN Enterprise Ethernet services come with Business support. 16. The minimum term will commence upon the later of i) when your application is accepted by us; or ii) when your services are connected. 17. Where multiple services are ordered, each service is subject to an individual agreement; failure to deliver a specific service does not null or void other service orders. Whilst we will attempt to order services so that all are connected as close as possible, we cannot guarantee when services are connected. As such, each individual service will commence billing from the time it is connected and deemed live by us. 18. As Ethernet service installation may require Infrastructure, including building of network services to the customer premises, we cannot provide a committed date for installation. 19. We may charge a Fee for Service for: i) extra work carried out by us or our supplier that is not covered by any other charge in this agreement. ii) work requested by you and agreed to by us or our supplier, outside of business hours (other than responding to a fault). 20. We may charge an Incorrect Callout Fee or Fee for Service where a fault is lodged and: i) we or a supplier visit your premises and find no fault with the service. ii) we or a supplier visit your premises and a fault is deemed to be with your own network or equipment. iii) the technician cannot physically access your premises at the arranged time. 21. We retain ownership of any NTD installed for the purposes of connecting your service. 22. We will support any hardware purchased from and configured by us. Additional management of such devices can be purchased as an addon. Hardware not purchased from us will be supported at our best efforts, but is not guaranteed. 23. Premium Assurance Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Telair lodges a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: By 5:00 PM AEST next clear Business Day. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time. Enhanced-8 Hour Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Telair lodges a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: 8 Business Hours. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time. Enhanced-12 Hour Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Telair lodges a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: 12 Business Hours. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time.