Ethernet over nbn
Unlike standard nbn™, Ethernet over nbn™ includes a 12 Hour Enhanced SLA, with options available for more mission-critical services.
1. Enter your details
2. Get your results
During this step, we’ll look at all of your available options to get you the best internet connection possible.
Business Grade NBN Is Here
Ethernet over nbn™ brings you stability and speed when you need it most. Don’t rely on consumer grade nbn™ for your mission critical business tasks, trust Telair Ethernet over nbn™ to get the job done.
What do you get?
- 99.5% service availability commitment
- True business grade
- Flexible – choose your desired traffic class
- Scalable – move to nbn™ Enterprise Ethernet when your business is ready
- Resilient – Optional target restoration commitment add-ons
- Cost-effective – don’t pay more for less
- Works everywhere nbn™ (FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, FTTC & HFC) works
How does Ethernet over NBN compare to standard nbn?
Ethernet over nbn™ blows standard nbn™ out of the water with its business-grade stability, and its focus on business use. We also include a 12 Hour Fault Restoration SLA for your peace of mind, but you can upgrade this as suited to your requirements.
Who can get Ethernet over NBN?
ABN holders who are located in nbn co’s network footprint, who are connectable via nbn™ FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, FTTC or HFC. Fixed Wireless and Satellite are unfortunately not compatible with Ethernet over nbn™. If you’re in an incompatible area, why not enquire about one of our other business grade data service types? You might be pleasantly surprised.
Do you only offer unlimited data?
FAQs & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Can I get this service?
If your location is not serviceable by Ethernet over nbn™, why not enquire about one of our other business grade data service types? You might be pleasantly surprised.
Please contact Telair and we will qualify your address and provide a quotation.
Will I be charged if I request a service qualification?
Nope! Our initial service qualification will be performed remotely, and won’t cost you anything.
Ok - the service is qualified, how do I sign up?
Are speeds guaranteed?
A general note about speeds:
Speeds can be affected by factors such as, but not limited to; network utilisation and congestion, your equipment, the remote party you’re accessing, and fibre transmission overheads.
CIR = Committed Information Rate (i.e, how much of the bandwidth is guaranteed).
EIR = Exchange Information Rate (i.e, how much of the bandwidth is provided as best effort and is not guaranteed).
What is the Uptime Commitment SLA?
Ethernet over nbn™ services provided by Telair also include an nbn™ Enhanced-12 Business Hour SLA for fault restoration.
- A business-grade Ethernet over NBN (EoNBN) connection with Unlimited data
- 99.5% uptime service availability commitment
- 12 Hour service restoration target SLA
- The choice to add-on better service restoration target commitments for those who really need it
Required Customer Equipment
Included Network Terminating Device (NTD)
We will configure the NTD to work with your service and all you need to do is connect your existing network into the NTD via a router or Layer 2/Layer 3 network switch.
Other required equipment
You will need to use a separate router to ensure the service is used with maximum efficiency. Contact us for pricing or buy through your preferred supplier.
If using a router, you will need to re-configure the router with the new service details.
- Customers must recontract should they relocate their service
- Not all modems/routers will work with EoNBN – Telair will provide the required Network Terminating Device as part of the included basic install process, handed off via Ethernet into the customer’s rack
- NBN Traffic Class 2 (TC2) means a symmetric, committed information rate (CIR) speed designed for real-time, interactive multimedia applications.
- NBN Traffic Class 4 (TC4) means an asymmetric, best-effort, peak information rate (PIR) speed designed for “best effort” applications. Services over EoNBN Access using NBN traffic class 4 do not have a guaranteed speed or throughput. Performance can vary dependant on numerous factors including the NTD, level of traffic within the customer’s local area at the time of use, user equipment and the source of data.
- Available only to ABN holders on FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, FTTC and HFC technology types
- Change requests do not attract additional charges
- Service is only available with a 36 month minimum contract term
- NBN Battery backup is not supplied with this service
- Free install included (excludes Subsequent Install Fees or the Government’s New Development Surcharge, if applicable)
Order Withdrawal Fees
If you withdraw your order prior to the associated service completion advice being issued by Telair, the following order withdrawal fees will apply:
- If we haven’t yet accepted the order = $0
- If we’ve accepted the order but haven’t completed logical build = $750
- If we’ve commenced physical build but haven’t yet completed physical build = $1,500
- If the physical build is complete and Telair receives service completion advice from the carrier = Full Early Termination Fee (ETF)
Relocation & Service Change Fees
- Relocations within the same building are $500
- Relocations to a new building incur a $1000 charge, except those occurring in the last 6 months of the existing contract term, in which case no relocation charge will apply.
- All Relocations require recontracting of the service.
- Relocations may be subject to Subsequent Install Fees and the Government’s New Developments Surcharge.