Ethernet over NBN
Telair Ethernet over NBN feature 99.5% availability for extra peace of mind, so you can rest assured connectivity to your mission-critical applications will remain stable.
Unlike standard nbn™, Ethernet over NBN features optional next business day fault restoration commitments, or sooner for more mission-critical services.
Don’t like sharing? Neither do we. Telair Ethernet over NBN is less contended (25:1) than standard nbn™, which means you’ll share less of your bandwidth with others.
Telair Ethernet over NBN features simple pricing, in addition to free basic setup. Compare plans below!
+ 12 Hour SLA
+ 12 Hour SLA
Business Grade NBN Is Here
Ethernet over NBN brings you stability and speed when you need it most. Don’t rely on consumer grade nbn™ for your mission critical business tasks, trust Telair Ethernet over NBN to get the job done.
What do you get?
- 99.5% service availability commitment
- True business grade
- Flexible – choose your desired traffic class
- Scalable – move to NBN Enterprise Ethernet when your business is ready
- Resilient – Optional target restoration commitment addons
- Cost-effective – don’t pay more for less
- Works everywhere nbn™ (FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, FTTC & HTC) works
How does Ethernet over NBN compare to normal residential nbn?
Who can get Ethernet over NBN?
ABN holders who are located in nbn co’s network footprint, who are connectable via nbn FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, FTTC or HFC. Fixed Wireless and Satellite are unfortunately not compatible with Ethernet over NBN. If you’re in an incompatible area, why not enquire about one of our other business grade data service types? You might be pleasantly surprised.
Do you only offer unlimited data?
- A business-grade Ethernet over NBN (EoNBN) connection with Unlimited data
- 99.5% uptime service availability commitment
- 12 Hour service restoration target SLA
- The choice to add-on better service restoration target commitments for those who really need it
- If we haven’t yet accepted the order = $0
- If we’ve accepted the order but haven’t completed logical build = $750
- If we’ve commenced physical build but haven’t yet completed physical build = $1,500
- If the physical build is complete and Telair receives service completion advice from the carrier = Full Early Termination Fee (ETF)
- Relocations within the same building are $500
- Relocations to a new building incur a $1000 charge, except those occurring in the last 6 months of the existing contract term, in which case no relocation charge will apply.
- All Relocations require recontracting of the service.
- Relocations may be subject to Subsequent Install Fees and the Government’s New Developments Surcharge.
- Customers must recontract should they relocate their service
- Not all modems/routers will work with EoNBN – Telair will provide the required Network Terminating Device as part of the included basic install process, handed off via Ethernet into the customer’s rack
- NBN Traffic Class 2 (TC2) means a symmetric, committed information rate (CIR) speed designed for real-time, interactive multimedia applications.
- NBN Traffic Class 4 (TC4) means an asymmetric, best-effort, peak information rate (PIR) speed designed for “best effort” applications. Services over EoNBN Access using NBN traffic class 4 do not have a guaranteed speed or throughput. Performance can vary dependant on numerous factors including the NTD, level of traffic within the customer’s local area at the time of use, user equipment and the source of data.
- Available only to ABN holders on FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, FTTC and HFC technology types
- Change requests do not attract additional charges
- Service is only available with a 36 month minimum contract term
- NBN Battery backup is not supplied with this service
- Free install included (excludes Subsequent Install Fees or the Government’s New Development Surcharge, if applicable)
Included Network Terminating Device
When an Ethernet over NBN service is delivered, a Network Terminating Device (or NTD) is installed at the customer site, with the handoff point being the Telair NTD. The NTD will act as the Fibre Internet gateway and will be installed in a secure location, such as the rack in your communications room.
We will configure the NTD to work with your service and all you need to do is connect your existing network into the NTD via a router or Layer 2/Layer 3 network switch.
You will need to use a separate router to ensure the service is used with maximum efficiency. Contact us for pricing or buy through your preferred supplier.
If using a router, you will need to re-configure the router with the new service details.
Things you should know...
1. All prices quoted are exclusive of GST unless noted otherwise. 2. If you choose to cancel your service or it is disconnected for any reason within the Contract Term, you will be charged an Early Termination Fee comprised of your minimum monthly commitment as per your agreement with us, multiplied by the months remaining in your contract. You must provide 30 days’ written notice to us to disconnect a service. 3. Setup Charges quoted cover a standard service installation and termination only. Additional charges may apply: i) Where there is insufficient cable capacity on the MDF or LDF termination points within the building. ii) Where the service delivery point is not within 1m of the MDF termination point, or requires vertical in-building (fibre) runs. iii) Where the premises lead-in is insufficient in capacity to deliver the fibre service or additional copper requirements. iv) Where the fibre build cost incurs any additional charges from our supplier (these will be advised prior to commencement). v) Where there are insufficient copper pairs terminated on the premises. vi) Where multiple site visits are required due to lack of information or identification of installation points. 4. NBN Traffic Class 2 (TC-2) means a symmetric, Committed Information Rate (CIR) speed designed for real-time, interactive multimedia applications. NBN Traffic Class 4 (TC-4) means an asymmetric, best-effort, Peak Information Rate (PIR) speed designed for “best effort” applications. Services using NBN traffic class 4 do not have a guaranteed speed or throughput. Performance can vary dependant on numerous factors including the NTD, level of traffic within the customer’s local area at the time of use, user equipment and the source of data. Line Speed is the theoretical maximum speed and actual speed will be less due to a number of factors including network configuration, line quality and length, exchange type, customer premises interference, traffic, hardware, and software; and for fibre, the transmission protocol which uses a portion of the access bandwidth of the Ethernet Line connection to manage the transmission of data (IP overheads). 5. Single static IP address is included. Requests for additional IPs will be considered and where available, provided at additional cost. 6. Ethernet over NBN services have an uptime guarantee of 99.85% and rebate calculated as 1 day of service access fee credited for each hour of network downtime over and above the guaranteed level. Network downtime does not include faults in the underlying service from the exchange to the customer premises or any faults in the customer’s own network. 7. Rebate must be claimed using our Standard Rebate Application Form within 3 months. 8. Rebate will be applied as a credit against your bill. 9. Maximum rebate available is the minimum monthly charge for the service. 10. Acceptable Usage Policy applies. 11. Relocation charges will be quoted at the time of delivery. 12. Relocations are subject to individual site qualification and subject to approval. All relocations require recontracting of the service. Service modifications do not attract a charge. 13. Default Interface Details: services less than 100Mbps will default to 100 Base TX and Services equal or greater than 100Mbps will default to 1000 Base LX. 14. Withdrawal Charges: services withdrawn before order completion but after order acceptance will incur a service withdrawal charge to be quoted at time of withdrawal. 15. Ethernet over NBN services come with Business support. 16. The minimum term will commence upon the later of i) when your application is accepted by us; or ii) when your services are connected. 17. Where multiple services are ordered, each service is subject to an individual agreement; failure to deliver a specific service does not null or void other service orders. Whilst we will attempt to order services so that all are connected as close as possible, we cannot guarantee when services are connected. As such, each individual service will commence billing from the time it is connected and deemed live by us. 18. As Ethernet service installation may require Infrastructure, including building of network services to the customer premises, we cannot provide a committed date for installation. 19. We may charge a Fee for Service for: i) extra work carried out by us or our supplier that is not covered by any other charge in this agreement. ii) work requested by you and agreed to by us or our supplier, outside of business hours (other than responding to a fault). 20. We may charge an Incorrect Callout Fee or Fee for Service where a fault is lodged and: i) we or a supplier visit your premises and find no fault with the service. ii) we or a supplier visit your premises and a fault is deemed to be with your own network or equipment. iii) the technician cannot physically access your premises at the arranged time. 21. We retain ownership of any NTD installed for the purposes of connecting your service. 22. We will support any hardware purchased from and configured by us. Hardware not purchased from us will be supported at our best efforts, but is not guaranteed. 23. Standard Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Telair lodges a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: By 5:00 PM AEST next clear Business Day. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time. Enhanced-8 Hour Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Telair lodges a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: 8 Business Hours. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time. Enhanced-12 Hour Target Restoration Commitment (applies from when Telair lodges a fault with the upstream carrier): Metro Area: 12 Business Hours. Regional Area: Add 1 clear Business Day to Metro Area time. Remote Area: Add 2 clear Business Days to Metro Area time. The commitment is an estimated restoration window, is not guaranteed and does not include a rebate. 24. Free Basic Setup excludes NBNco chargeable Subsequent Install Fees and the Government New Development Surcharge where either one or both of these apply.